Sunday, January 2, 2011

January - Summer

I started off with a roughly A4 sized book, which I bought at a "cheapie" shop. I then glued 2 pages together to give a bit more strength to each side.
Next I took pieces of white cardstock the size of the pages, and coloured them using the shaving cream technique (as I couldn't find any of my reinkers, I used a little acrylic paint in orange and yellow - worked ok).
I punched out the flowers and put just a little Kindyglitz (Stickles) on the inner flower of each to give it a bit more zing. I also punched and made the ladybirds. The days were made using a square punch, and I ran a little ribbon down the left hand side.
Word of warning... choose your glue with care. The blue stick glue I thought would be good for this job, is not holding together so well between the cardstock and the paper of the book. I can rectify that easily, however I will use something different for my gluing next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment